Good morning TGS families. We realize that COVID cases are rising, we will continue to do everything in our power to keep our schools open. Currently, we have no plans to close our school buildings to go remote unless CUPHD, ISBE, or the Governor states otherwise. If that happens, I will follow their directive and inform our staff and you immediately to give you as much time as possible to make any necessary arrangements.
We received new guidance regarding exclusion from school for positive and close contact cases.
- Staff or students the test positive for COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status, will isolate for 5 days after onset of symptoms, or 5 days from specimen collection.
- Staff or students who test positive for COVID-19 and have no symptoms can be released from isolation after 5 days. Day 0 is the first day of symptoms. If they develop symptoms they should end isolation when they are fever and symptom free for 24 hours.
- When either of the above cases return to school on day 6 students should:
- Continue to wear a well-fitted mask around others for 5 additional days. If unable to wear a mask when around others, the case will need to continue isolation for a total of 10 days.
- Avoid being around students or staff with immunocompromised or at high risk for severe disease.
- When eating breakfast, lunch or a snack the student must be 6 feet of physical distant from all others until 10 days after symptom onset or positive test.
- Quarantine not required.
- Wear a mask around others for 10 days
- Test on day 5, if possible
- If you develop symptoms, they should immediately isolate until a negative test confirms symptoms are not caused by Covid.
- Stay home and mask around others for 5 days, after that continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
- Test on day 5, if possible
- If a person develops symptoms, they should immediately isolate until a negative test confirms symptoms are not caused by Covid-19.
Ages 5-17 years of age that have completed the primary series of Covid-19 vaccines. OR confirmed Covid-19 within the last 90 days (you tested positive using a viral test).
Unvaccinated or have not completed a primary vaccine series
The health department will no longer send out release letters for you to submit to school upon return. In order to return to school they are requiring us to collect proof of a negative test that was given on day 5 or later. Students can come to the school on day 5 or later and we will test them here, or you may choose to have them tested elsewhere. If they are tested elsewhere we will need proof of the negative test result.
I would like to express my sincere appreciation for your understanding as we navigate this current Covid-19 season together. Thank you for working with us to ensure our children stay healthy, safe and IN SCHOOL!